Baked Cookies and Cream Doughnuts recipe for #BakingBloggers! Baked cookies and cream doughnuts are topped with a cream cheese glaze and crushed chocolate creme sandwich cookies.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Created by Sue of Palatable Pastime, #BakingBloggers get together monthly to vote on a different baking project. For October, we are featuring Baked Donuts and I am joining in with a recipe for Baked Cookies and Cream Doughnuts!
Check out more of my #BakingBloggers recipes here: Alevropita (Greek Thin-Batter Feta Pie), Strawberry Nutella Galette, Napolitaines (Mauritian Sandwich Cookies), and Pampushky (Ukrainian Garlic Bread).
Baked Cookies and Cream Doughnuts
These Baked Cookies and Cream Doughnuts have a vanilla doughnut base with lightly crushed chocolate creme sandwich cookies mixed throughout. After baking until lightly golden and cooling to room temperature, the top of each doughnut is dipped into the cream cheese glaze, covered in finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, then drizzled with even more of the cream cheese glaze.
I used this doughnut pan to make the round baked doughnuts. The easiest way to fill the (well-greased) pan is to transfer the batter to a piping bag or large ziploc bag with the corner snipped off. You can also gently spoon the batter in until each cavity is 2/3 full. Don’t have a doughnut pan? Use a mini muffin pan to make doughnut bites- the cooking time may vary.
Bake until puffed and barely golden. The tops should spring back when lightly touched. Allow the doughnuts to rest in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing. This will make them easier to move without the risk of sticking to the pan or crumbling. They are best within a few hours of baking.
Check out what everyone else made!
- A ‘Hole’ Lotta Fun with Mini Donuts by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Apple Cider Baked Doughnuts by Cookaholic Wife
- Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts by The Schizo Chef
- Baked Chocolate Spice Crumb Cake Donuts by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cookies and Cream Doughnuts by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Baked Donut Recipe Without A Pan by Recipe Pocket
- These Baked Donut Muffins by Sneha’s Recipe
- Baked Glazed Lemon Donuts by Making Miracles
- Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Chips by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Double Chocolate Baked Donuts by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Filled Donuts by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- German Chocolate Sauerkraut Donuts by Palatable Pastime
Baked Cookies and Cream Doughnuts Recipe
Baked Cookies and Cream Doughnuts
Baked Cookies and Cream Doughnuts:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed chocolate creme sandwich cookies
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Finely crushed chocolate creme sandwich cookies for topping
To make the doughnuts:
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease 2-3 doughnut pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Mix into the flour mixture just until incorporated with no lumps. Gently fold in the crushed cookies.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag or a large ziploc bag with the corner snipped off. Pipe the batter into prepared doughnut pans. Each cavity should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely to room temperature.
To make the glaze:
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat in the milk and vanilla extract to create a smooth glaze.
To assemble the doughnuts:
- Place the finely crushed cookies into a wide bowl. Place half of the cream cheese glaze into a separate bowl and the remaining half into a pastry bag with a thin tip or a ziploc bag with a small piece of the corner snipped off.
- Dip the top of each doughnut into the cream cheese glaze. Allow any excess to drip off, then dip the glaze-covered doughnut into the crushed cookies to fully coat. Place back on the wire rack, cookie-side up.
- Drizzle the remaining glaze in the pastry bag over each of the doughnuts. Serve immediately.