Recipe for Chocolate Chip Biscotti. This twice-baked cookie is studded with semi-sweet chocolate chips and perfect for pairing with coffee or hot chocolate.
I have made quite a few biscotti recipes over the past few days and these Chocolate Chip Biscotti are one of my favorites! The twice-baked cookies are also perfect for holiday gifts. Their crisp texture will allow them to keep for a couple of weeks in an airtight container at room temperature in addition to being able withstand shipping with proper packaging.
The dough comes together quickly and is divided into two equal pieces. Each piece is formed into a log about 1/2 tall and 3 inches wide. The logs are baked until set and golden on the bottom, then allowed to cool at room temperature. I generally let these Chocolate Chip Biscotti cool a little longer than other biscotti recipes before slicing to give the chocolate a chance to slightly harden. This, along with keeping a paper towel handy to wipe excess chocolate from the knife, will help keep the chocolate from spreading too much over the cookies.
Each log is then sliced on the diagonal into individual cookies about 3/4 inch thick before arranging again on the cookie sheet and baking for a second time until crisp, 10-15 minutes. Want to add a more festive look? Dip the ends of the biscotti into melted chocolate and top with holiday sprinkles.
Looking for more Biscotti recipes? Try these Green Tea Almond Biscotti, Gingerbread Biscotti, and Biscotti Glassati alle Noci (Iced Walnut Biscuits).
Chocolate Chip Biscotti Recipe
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla extract. Slowly add baking powder, salt, and flour until dough comes together. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Form one of the pieces into a log about 12 inches long. Place near the edge of the prepared baking sheet and gently flatten until about 3 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. Repeat with other half of the dough.
- Bake in preheated oven until set and the bottom is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow sit at room temperature for 20 minutes until cool to touch.
- Use a serrated bread knife to cut each log on the diagonal into 3/4-1 inch thick slices. Return slices to baking sheet, cut side down. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until crisp. Allow to cool to room temperature and store in airtight container for up to about 2 weeks.