A recipe for Cinnamon Roll Cookies for The Secret Recipe Club Cookie Carnival 2014!
My Secret Recipe Club group is taking a break the month of December, but I jumped at the opportunity to participate in the Secret Recipe Club Cookie Carnival 2014! Like the Secret Recipe Club, each participant was assigned a blog to secretly search through and try a recipe. Instead of picking any recipe on the blog, we had to choose a cookie recipe!
I was assigned It’s Yummi. Chef Becca, of It’s Yummi, is in a different Secret Recipe Club group than me, so this was the first chance I got to explore her blog. Chef Becca is a formally trained chef from Wisconsin who created her blog to provide healthy and fresh recipe ideas for those on a budget, with the occasional sweet treat thrown in. I obviously focused on the sweet treats for the Cookie Carnival. She has so many cookie recipes to choose from! I made these Cinnamon Roll Cookies for family visiting during Thanksgiving and by the end of the week, there wasn’t a single cookie leftover! Other great cookie recipes I have pinned for later include: Pomegranate Cheesecake Cookies, Chai Snickerdoodle Cookie Bites, Finnish Almond Log Cookies, Strawberry Lemon Linzer Cookies, Molasses Crinkle Cookies, and Peppermint Meringue Pillow Cookies.
This is a great cookie dough for those who have children helping. No chilling necessary and the dough doesn’t easily fall apart. Evan loved rolling the ropes in the cinnamon sugar (he was a little on the overzealous side and the sugar may or may not have ended up in other areas of the kitchen too).
Check out what everyone else made!
- Glazed Eggnog Cookies from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread from Sweet as Sugar Cookies
- Lime Meltaways from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Andes Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Flying on Jess Fuel
- Vegan Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Sesame Seed Cookies from Desserts Before Dinner
- Spiced Honey-Ginger Cookies from Bewitching Kitchen
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cookie Butter Peppermint Chip Cookies from It’s Yummi
- Chocolate Peppermint Swirl Cookies from Making Memories with Your Kids
- Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies from Adventures in All Things Food
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies from Cheese with Noodles
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl
- Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Compost Cookies from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate and Peppermint Swirl Cookies from It’s Yummy to My Tummy
- Salted Peanut Butter Cookies with Snickers from The Weekend Gourmet
- Sweet Potato Cookies from Veronica’s Cornucopia
- Easy Nutella Brownie Bites from From Grandma Loy’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Coconut Oat Cookies from Chef in Disguise
- Savoury Cheese and Paprika Biscuits from The More than Occasional Baker
- Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Brown Butter Sea Salt Cookies from I am a Honey Bee
- Mint Hot Cocoa Cookies from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Boozy Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Turtle Cookies from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Chocolate Dipped Macaroons from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Biscoff Blossoms from Join Us, Pull Up a Chair
- Speculaas from Making Miracles
- Strawberry-Almond Thumbprint Cookies from Things I Make (for Dinner)
- Classic Sugar Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hazelnut Meringues from Savored Grace
- Orange Spritz from The Pajama Chef
- Oatmeal Cream Pies from The Tasty Cheapskate
- Holiday Vanilla Pudding Cake Cookies from Little Bit of Everything
- Ginger Nut Cookies from Cook with Sara
- Cherry Pie Shortbread Cookies from Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
Cinnamon Roll Cookies Recipe
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 8 ounces white chocolate melted, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or lightly grease. In a wide bowl, combine cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg yolks, honey, and vanilla. Slowly add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar until smooth.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 6 inch rope. Roll the rope in the prepared cinnamon sugar and form the rope into a spiral. Place on prepared baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart and repeat with remaining dough. Bake in preheated oven until set and golden on bottom, 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature on wire rack.
- Once cool, drizzle the cookies with melted white chocolate. Allow to cool until set, then store in airtight container.