A recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pudding! This rich and decadent pudding is packed with mini chocolate chips, brown sugar, and butter to capture that chocolate chip cookie dough flavor.
Today is my birthday! I didn’t feel like making a cake, so I searched through other dessert recipes I have been putting off. I bookmarked this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pudding recipe from Kitchen Meets Girl last June, so thought it would be a great time to try it.
It was perfect! The pudding came together so quickly and without much effort. The longest part is waiting the two hours for the pudding to chill in the refrigerator. You can also make this a day or two ahead and refrigerate until ready to serve for an easy make-ahead dessert.
Before mixing in the cornstarch slurry, allow the sugar to fully dissolve and milk heat completely through, but do not bring it to a boil. The milk should just start to steam. After whisking in the cornstarch and the mixture starts to thicken, make sure to stir the bottom and sides to keep it from burning.
After the pudding has chilled in the refrigerator, fold in 1/2-1 cup of mini chocolate chips before dividing among individual serving glasses. One half cup was the perfect amount for me, but bump it closer to 1 full cup if you want more mini chocolate chips in every bite. Be careful not to add the chocolate chips until the pudding is completely chilled. Otherwise, they will melt.
Immediately before serving, top the pudding with additional mini chocolate chips, whipped cream, and even a strawberry or two if desired.
Looking for more Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipes?
Cookie Dough Pudding
Adapted from Kitchen Meets Girl
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pudding
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar divided
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups whole milk divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1/2 cup of the light brown sugar, salt, 1 3/4 cup milk, and heavy cream over medium heat. Continue to whisk occasionally until the sugar dissolved and the liquid is smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup milk to make a slurry.
- Once the milk mixture is fully heated and starting to steam (do not boil), whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Reduce heat to low and continue to whisk until the pudding thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla extract, and butter until melted and smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap (lightly pressing down so it touches the surface of the pudding), and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips once the mixture has chilled and transfer to individual serving dishes. If desired, top with additional mini chocolate chips and whipped cream.