A recipe for Granny Smith Apple Slaw in celebration of the #SecretRecipeClub’s anniversary! This cabbage, apple, and carrot slaw comes together easily and is lightly coated in a refreshing yogurt-based dressing.
Secret Recipe Club
Well today, we are getting together again for an anniversary post! We were each assigned a different blog to secretly make a recipe to share today.
I was assigned to The Spiffy Cookie! Along with the blog, Erin is also a PhD researcher in Microbiology. She has a great variety of recipes including plenty for kids (especially those like mine who love Star Wars) and even a few travel posts for those in the Ohio area (Butler County has a Donut Trail!).
In addition to the Granny Smith Apple Slaw I am sharing today, I also have her Bacon, Cheddar, Caramelized Onion, and Potato Pierogi; Buckeye Cheesecake Cake; Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cannoli; Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats; and especially this Slow Cooker Bolognese with Meatballs saved for later.
Granny Smith Apple Slaw
I had Erin’s blog once before during the SRC’s run and made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes for Evan’s 2nd birthday (he is turning 6 tomorrow!).
This time, I decided to try her Granny Smith Apple Slaw. We were in need of some vegetables after a few weeks of vacations, birthday parties, and dessert-based cookbook reviews and this definitely hit the spot.
A combination of shredded cabbage, sweet and tart Granny Smith apples, and carrots are simply tossed in a light and refreshing yogurt dijon dressing.
Erin recommends pairing the slaw with Sloppy Joes. Claire especially loved the addition of the apples.
Check out what everyone else made!
- Easy Homemade Herb Crusted Italian Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Swedish Meatballs from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Crab Rangoon Dip from Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole from An Affair from the Heart
- Carrot Cake Roll from Bewitching Kitchen
- Homemade Salted Caramels from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cheese, Leek and Potato Pasties from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Wholewheat Buttermilk Waffles from The Big Sweet Tooth
- Blueberry Courgette Bread from Whyiamnotskinny
- Mississippi Roast from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chipotle Peach Meatballs from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Sweet Chili Pork from The Aspiring Home Cook
- Vegetarian Shepard’s Pie from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Oopsie Bread Mini Pizzas from The Spiffy Cookie
- Savoury Pull Apart Bread from Things I Make (For Dinner)
- Vegan Chocolate Beetroot Muffins from Loving Life
Granny Smith Apple Slaw Recipe
Adapted from The Spiffy Cookie
Granny Smith Apple Slaw
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 Granny Smith apples julienned
- 2 large carrots peeled and julienned
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Toss in the cabbage, apples, carrots, and green onions to coat evenly. Season to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days.