A recipe for Granny Smith Apple Slaw in celebration of the #SecretRecipeClub’s anniversary! This cabbage, apple, and carrot slaw comes together easily and is lightly coated in a refreshing yogurt-based dressing.
I was a part of the Secret Recipe Club from August 2013 to its last day in November 2016. I got to know so many wonderful bloggers and tried so many delicious recipes during those three years. Well today, we are getting together again for an anniversary post! We were each assigned a different blog to secretly make a recipe to share today.
I was assigned to The Spiffy Cookie! I had her blog once before during the SRC’s run and made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes for Evan’s 2nd birthday (he is turning 6 tomorrow!). This time, I decided to try her Granny Smith Apple Slaw. We were in need of some vegetables after a few weeks of vacations, birthday parties, and dessert-based cookbook reviews and this definitely hit the spot. A combination of shredded cabbage, sweet and tart Granny Smith apples, and carrots are simply tossed in a light and refreshing yogurt dijon dressing. Erin recommends pairing the slaw with Sloppy Joes. Claire especially loved the addition of the apples.
Along with the blog, Erin is also a PhD researcher in Microbiology. She has a great variety of recipes including plenty for kids (especially those like mine who love Star Wars) and even a few travel posts for those in the Ohio area (Butler County has a Donut Trail!). I also have her Bacon, Cheddar, Caramelized Onion, and Potato Pierogi; Buckeye Cheesecake Cake; Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cannoli; Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats; and especially this Slow Cooker Bolognese with Meatballs saved for later.
Check out what everyone else made for this special day!
- Overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole from Shockingly Delicious
- Easy Homemade Herb Crusted Italian Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Swedish Meatballs from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Crab Rangoon Dip from Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole from An Affair from the Heart
- Carrot Cake Roll from Bewitching Kitchen
- Homemade Salted Caramels from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cheese, Leek and Potato Pasties from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Wholewheat Buttermilk Waffles from The Big Sweet Tooth
- Polish Cabbage and Noodles from Cookin’ Mimi
- Fruity Muffins with Streusel from Casa Costello
- Chicken Tinga from Savory Moments
- Blueberry Courgette Bread from Whyiamnotskinny
- Mississippi Roast from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Blueberry Streusel Dessert Pizza from Cookaholic Wife
- Chipotle Peach Meatballs from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Sweet Chili Pork from The Aspiring Home Cook
- Vegetarian Shepard’s Pie from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Oopsie Bread Mini Pizzas from The Spiffy Cookie
- Savoury Pull Apart Bread from Things I Make (For Dinner)
- Vegan Chocolate Beetroot Muffins from Loving Life
Granny Smith Apple Slaw Recipe
Adapted from The Spiffy Cookie
Granny Smith Apple Slaw
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 Granny Smith apples julienned
- 2 large carrots peeled and julienned
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Toss in the cabbage, apples, carrots, and green onions to coat evenly. Season to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days.