When I was pregnant with Evan, my cooking came to an abrupt halt due to a short period of bedrest followed by morning sickness for the rest of the first trimester. I lived off of mostly pasta and sandwiches, while Chad ordered a lot of take out. Pizza from Papa Murphy’s became a weekly (sometimes more) occurrence. Chad’s favorite from there is the Herb Chicken Mediterranean deLITE. It is a thin crust pizza topped with olive oil, garlic, herb chicken, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and herbs.
Carpe Season posted a copy cat to try at home. I made the pizza on a slightly thicker crust and topped it with garlic infused olive oil, chicken coated in dried herbs, mozzarella, feta, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. It was a huge hit.
I finally got a pizza stone and this was the first pizza to break it in. What a difference! I preheated the stone in the oven and used a wooden pizza peel transfer the pizza. I noticed a huge improvement in the texture of the crust. I can’t believe I have gone this long without one.
Herb Chicken Mediterranean Pizza Recipe
Adapted from Carpe Season
Herb Chicken Mediterranean Pizza
- 1 large pizza crust homemade or store-bought
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4-5 ounces chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- pinch dried rosemary
- pinch salt and pepper
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces (~1/4 crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ounces (~1/3 sun dried tomatoes chopped
- Handful spinach large leaves torn
- pinch dried oregano basil, and marjoram for topping pizza
- Cornmeal for pan
- In a small bowl, drizzle olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Pour into a small bowl and return pan to medium heat. Add the chicken, oregano, basil, garlic powder, marjoram, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until chicken is golden and heated through. Remove any excess fat and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Dust a pan (or baker's peel if using a stonwith cornmeal.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 14-16 inch circle. Poke in a few areas with a fork, cover, and let rise 20 minutes. Transfer dough to a prepared pan or baker's peel.
- Brush the garlic olive oil over the crust. Add a layer of 2 cups mozzarella. Sprinkle with the chicken, feta, tomatoes, and spinach. Top with remaining mozzarella and a pinch of dried oregano, basil, and marjoram.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly, 8-10 minutes.Let cool for about 5 minutes before slicing.