With summer nearing, I am excited about all the seasonal produce! I have received a watermelon in my CSA box the past couple of weeks. Most of my bookmarked watermelon recipes involve beverages, so this watermelon salad definitely stood out. Karpouzi Me Feta is a Greek salad combining watermelon with feta cheese. This recipe also includes red onions, mint, olive oil, and lime juice. It comes together quickly and would be a great addition to your outdoor summer picnic.
Karpouzi me Feta (Greek Watermelon with Feta)
Adapted from PBS Fresh Tastes
Karpouzi Me Feta (Greek Watermelon Salad with Feta)
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together watermelon, feta cheese, red onion, and mint.
- Drizzle lime juice and olive oil over the salad. Gently toss.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to use.