A recipe for a Maple Cinnamon Latte! Hot espresso is combined with maple syrup, ground cinnamon, vanilla, and steamed milk for a warming and delicious autumn treat.
The temperatures are finally starting to cool off here in Los Angeles and this Maple Cinnamon Latte is the perfect way to stay warm. Lightly flavor freshly brewed espresso with maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla before topping with steamed milk (dairy or non-dairy). I paired the drinks with these delicious Nutmeg Maple Butter Cookies from Smitten Kitchen for a light afternoon coffee break.
I do not currently have an espresso machine, so I steamed the milk by heating it (on the stove or in the microwave), transferring to a frothing pitcher, and using a handheld milk frother to create the right consistency. If using a non-dairy milk, it won’t steam as well without a professional espresso machine. I personally used almond milk in the photos for this latte. I was able to get a decent texture, but not enough to try out any fun designs.
The best part about making this Maple Cinnamon Latte at home is that you can adjust the maple syrup as little or much as you like for sweetness and flavor. For 1/4 cup espresso and 3/4 cup milk, I usually add about 1 heaping tablespoon of the maple syrup along with a pinch of cinnamon and small splash of vanilla extract.
Want a bit of extra indulgence? Add a dollop or two of whipped cream or even some fall-themed sprinkles. Finish with a pinch of cinnamon before serving immediately. I like to first mix the cinnamon with some vanilla sugar before sprinkling over the drink.
Looking for more winter drinks?
Maple Cinnamon Latte Recipe
Adapted from Cinnamon and Coriander
Maple Cinnamon Latte
- 1/4 cup hot espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch ground cinnamon plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup milk steamed, dairy or non-dairy
- Pour the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in the bottom of a wide mug. Pour in the hot espresso and stir to combine.
- While holding the mug slightly to the side at a 45˚ angle, slowly pour the steamed milk in the center to fill the mug and add a thin layer of the foam to the top.
- Decorate the top with an additional pinch of cinnamon if desired and serve immediately.