A recipe for Meyer Lemon Parfaits! Homemade Meyer lemon curd is layered with vanilla yogurt and crushed graham crackers for light and delicious treat.
I always get excited when Meyer lemons and blood oranges start showing up in the grocery store again. It makes the end of berries and tomatoes a bit more bearable. When I spot them at the store, they generally become an impulse buy. Without fail, they are gone by the next week if I wait to make an actual plan for them.
Bringing home an impulse bag is how I came across the idea for these Meyer Lemon Parfaits from Gather and Dine. I already had all the ingredients on hand! In this version, a homemade Meyer lemon curd is layered with sweetened Greek yogurt and crushed graham crackers. It is perfect for a more decadent brunch option or light dessert.
For quick assembly, the Meyer lemon curd and the Greek yogurt can be prepared ahead of time (up to 2-3 days) and refrigerated in airtight containers until needed.
If the honey is too thick to stir, microwave for 10 to 20 seconds until runny enough to blend into the Greek yogurt. Adjust the amount of honey to taste and desired sweetness.
If using smaller or thinner glasses to layer the Meyer lemon Parfaits, it usually helps to transfer the lemon curd and Greek yogurt into individual piping bags. This will help control the amount of each layer added and keep the edges of the glass clean.
Serve these parfaits immediately after assembling. The graham cracker layers will start to get soggy fairly quickly. Have leftover Meyer lemon curd? It is also delicious with pancakes, toast, in tarts, ice cream, etc.
I topped each assembled Meyer Lemon Parfait with a large pinch of the crushed graham crackers and a small sprig of mint. If desired, you can also add a little flaky sea salt and additional Meyer lemon zest.
Looking for more Meyer Lemon recipes?
Try my Meyer Lemon Scones.
Meyer Lemon Parfaits Recipe
Adapted from Gather & Dine
Meyer Lemon Parfaits
Meyer Lemon Curd:
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed Meyer Lemon juice about 5-6 Meyer lemons
- 2/3 cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces, 340 grams) plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
Meyer Lemon Parfaits:
- 6 graham crackers crushed
- Meyer lemon zest
- Coarse or flaky sea salt
- Fresh mint
To make the Meyer Lemon Curd:
- In a small saucepan, combine the Meyer lemon juice, sugar, eggs, and Meyer lemon zest over medium-low heat.
- Whisk until smooth and continue to whisk until thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix in butter until smooth and melted. If desired, strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and into a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours.
To make the Vanilla Yogurt:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt with honey to taste and vanilla extract. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble the Meyer Lemon Parfaits.
- To the bottom of three to four small serving glasses, add about a tablespoon of the vanilla yogurt. Top with a layer of the chilled Meyer lemon curd. Cover with a layer of the crushed graham crackers. Add more yogurt and top with a final layer of Meyer lemon curd.
- Garnish with a large pinch of crushed graham crackers, fresh mint, and if desired, a pinch of sea salt and more lemon zest.
- Serve immediately.