A recipe for Mummy Almond Granola Bars! Almond coconut granola bars are drizzled with white chocolate and topped with mini chocolate chips for a fun Halloween treat.
Add a little Halloween twist to granola bars by turning them into mummies! These Mummy Almond Granola Bars come together in about 20 minutes, are no-bake, and only need about an hour of chilling in the refrigerator to set. They can also be prepared up to 7 days in advance.
I love the flavor of these particular chewy almond bars with the coconut flakes, rice krispies, oats, and almond, but any of your favorite basic granola bar recipes will work well as the base for the white chocolate mummy drizzle.
In a large bowl, combine the coconut, rice krispies, oats, almonds, cinnamon, and salt. In a medium saucepan, mix together the almond butter, honey, brown sugar, and coconut oil over medium low heat. Cook, stirring often, until the mixture is melted and smooth with a syrup consistency. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
The heated mixture is folded into the dry ingredients until well-combined, then pressed evenly into a parchment-lined 9×9 inch baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set, then slice into bars. Drizzle the tops with the melted white chocolate in a mummy-like pattern and top with 2 mini chocolate chips for eyes.
Some brands of white chocolate chips tend to seize when melted. If you are having difficulty getting a smooth white chocolate, whisk in a few drops of vegetable oil (not too much!) until just the right consistency for drizzling.
Don’t want to turn your granola bars into mummies? Sweet Peas and Saffron tops these granola bars with melted dark chocolate and sea salt.
Looking for more Halloween recipes?
Try my Mummy Macarons and Mummy Pretzel Dogs to stick to the mummy theme. These Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting and Pumpkin Spice Milkshake recipes would also be perfect for celebrating the holiday.
Mummy Almond Granola Bars Recipe
Granola bars adapted from Sweet Peas and Saffron
Mummy Almond Granola Bars
- 1 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut flakes
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper across the bottom and sides.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, rice krispies, oats, almonds, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the almond butter, honey, brown sugar, and coconut oil over medium low heat. Cook, stirring often, until the mixture is melted and smooth with a syrup consistency. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the melted ingredients to the bowl with the oat mixture. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Transfer the granola to the prepared pan, pressing down to create a firm, even layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the parchment from the pan. Cut the granola into bars.
For the Mummy Topping:
- In a double boiler or microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments, melt the white chocolate until smooth. Transfer to a pastry bag with a medium to small tip or a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off. Drizzle the white chocolate over each of the bars to make a mummy pattern. Towards the top of each rectangle, pipe two circles for eyes. Top each of the circles with a mini chocolate chip.
- Store the mummy bars in the refrigerator for up to 7 days until ready to serve.