A recipe for Baked Nutella Doughnuts with Nutella Glaze! These light and airy Baked Nutella Donuts are coated with a decadent Nutella glaze for a fun addition to breakfast or brunch.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
While I do love traditional, fried doughnuts, baked donuts continue to be a favorite of mine when I am looking for something quick and a bit lighter. These Baked Nutella Doughnuts are particularly perfect for Nutella lovers since the ingredient is included in both the cake donut base and the glaze!
Best of all, they come together easily with a bowl, a baked doughnut pan, and less than 30 minutes. Simply whisk together the ingredients for the batter, pipe or spoon into the greased pan, and bake until light and springy when touched. Once cooled, coat with the glaze and any additional toppings if desired.
I used this doughnut pan to make the round baked doughnuts. The easiest way to fill the (well-greased) pan is to transfer the batter to a piping bag or large ziploc bag with the corner snipped off. You can also gently spoon the batter in until each cavity is 2/3-3/4 full. Don’t have a doughnut pan? Use a mini muffin pan to make doughnut bites- the cooking time may vary.
Bake the donuts until puffed and barely golden. The tops should spring back when lightly touched. This is usually around 10-12 minutes for me. Allow the doughnuts to rest in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing. This will make them easier to move without the risk of sticking to the pan or crumbling. They are best within a few hours of baking.
These Baked Nutella Doughnuts are best within a few hours of baking. Even in an airtight container, they will become a sticky mess after a day or two.
I personally like to add a few sprinkles for a more festive look. If doing so, be sure to add them before the glaze has set. Chopped, toasted hazelnuts would also be delicious.
Looking for more recipes with Nutella?
Baked Nutella Doughnuts with Nutella Glaze Recipe
Adapted from Damn Delicious
Baked Nutella Doughnuts with Nutella Glaze
Baked Nutella Doughnuts:
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (15 grams) cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup (80 milliliters) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (75 grams) Nutella
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons (40 grams) Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
To make the Baked Nutella Doughnuts:
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Grease 2-3 doughnut pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, nutella, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix into the flour mixture just until incorporated with no lumps.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag or a large ziploc bag with the corner snipped off. Pipe the batter into prepared doughnut pans. Each cavity should be about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely to room temperature.
To make the Nutella Glaze:
- In a large bowl, whisk the powdered sugar with the Nutella and vanilla extract. Slowly add 2-3 tablespoons milk until smooth and just thin enough to coat the doughnuts.
- Dip the top of each cooled doughnut into the Nutella glaze. Allow any excess to drip off, then place back on the wire rack, glaze-side up.
- If desired, top with sprinkles before the glaze sets.
- These Baked Nutella Doughnuts are best the day they are made.