A recipe for Paletas de Aguacate y Coco (Mexican Avocado and Coconut Popsicles). These creamy popsicles are frozen until solid, then optionally dipped in chocolate and shredded coconut.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
These Paletas de Aguacate y Coco (Avocado and Coconut Popsicles) are the perfect refreshing treat for the upcoming summer season! They also come together relatively easily.
Chopped avocados are simply blended until smooth and creamy with coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. The mixture is then transferred to popsicle molds and frozen until solid.
A Few Tips
Gently tap the popsicle molds on the counter after assembling to help remove any air bubbles from the avocado mixture and create more smooth paletas.
I dipped a few of the chilled paletas into melted and slightly cooled dark chocolate (use dairy-free if desired to keep the popsicles vegan). It can also be drizzled over the top.
Sprinkle the dipped popsicles immediately with dried, shredded coconut. The chocolate sets quickly once it hits the cold surface of the popsicle.
After dipping the paletas in the chocolate, I placed them on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the freezer until ready to serve.
For a different flavor, you can squeeze in some lime juice in place of the vanilla extract.
I used these popsicle molds to form the paletas. Don’t have popsicle molds? You can pour the mixture into paper cups and top with popsicle sticks.
Freeze the popsicles until frozen through and well-chilled, at least 4 hours to overnight. Serve immediately after removing from the freezer.
Looking for more frozen treats?
Paletas de Aguacate y Coco (Mexican Avocado and Coconut Popsicles) Recipe
Adapted from Muy Bueno
Paletas de Aguacate y Coco (Mexican Avocado and Coconut Popsicles)
- 2 avocados peeled, seed removed, and roughly chopped
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melted and slightly cooled dark chocolate
- Dried shredded coconut
- In a blender, puree the avocados, coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds. Lightly hit the filled popsicle molds against the counter to help remove bubbles. Freeze until solid.
- If desired, dip the frozen popsicles in melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with coconut. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled.