Recipe for Paletas de Aguacate y Coco- Mexican Avocado and Coconut Popsicles. They are especially delicious dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with shredded coconut.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Paletas are Mexican popsicles and they come in a variety of flavors, generally fruit juice or cream-based. These Paletas de Aguacate y Coco, Avocado and Coconut Popsicles, are perfect for the upcoming summer season. I blended chopped avocado with coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth to create a creamy and refreshing texture without the need for milk. I transferred the mixture to popsicle molds and placed them in the freezer until solid. Don’t have popsicle molds? You can use paper cups and popsicle sticks or even drink the mixture straight from the blender as a smoothie.
I dipped a few of the chilled paletas into melted and slightly cooled dark chocolate (use dairy-free if desired to keep the popsicles vegan). It can also be drizzled over the top. Sprinkle them immediately with dried, shredded coconut. The chocolate sets quickly once it hits the cold surface of the popsicle.
For a different flavor, you can squeeze in some lime juice in place of the vanilla extract.
I used these popsicle molds for making the Paletas de Aguacate y Coco.
Paletas de Aguacate y Coco (Mexican Avocado and Coconut Popsicles) Recipe
Adapted from Muy Bueno
Paletas de Aguacate y Coco (Mexican Avocado and Coconut Popsicles)
- 2 avocados peeled, seed removed, and roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melted and slightly cooled dark chocolate
- Dried shredded coconut
- In a blender, puree the avocados, coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds. Lightly hit the filled popsicle molds against the counter to help remove bubbles. Freeze until solid.
- If desired, dip the frozen popsicles in melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with coconut.
- Serve chilled.