A recipe for Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn! Ears of grilled corn are brushed with a garlic butter and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
This Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn is a great grilled side dish for the upcoming summer celebrations and get-togethers. It also comes together easily with just a handful of ingredients and about 30 minutes!
To prepare the ears of corn for the grill, remove most of the husks and leave the innermost layer intact. Pull them back just enough to remove the silks, then place back over the corn. This will help protect the kernels from burning before getting a chance to cook.
Grill until the kernels are vibrant and tender, about 15-20 minutes, then remove the husks and immediately brush with the garlic butter.
Serve with a generous sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
A Few Tips
If you want your kernels lightly charred, remove all the husks.
The corn on the cob can be assembled in a single layer on a baking sheet and cooked in a 350˚F (180˚C) until the husks are starting to brown, about 30 minutes.
Immediately after removing from the grill or oven while still hot, brush the corn with the melted garlic-infused butter.
Sprinkle the Parmesan over the ears and let the cheese melt slightly.
Adjust the salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn in the Air Fryer
This grilled corn can also be prepared in the air fryer!
Set the air fryer to 375˚F (190˚C).
Remove all the husks and silk completely from the corn. If the corn on the cob won’t fit into the air fryer whole, cut in half crosswise.
Brush the corn all over with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Arrange in a single layer (do this in batches if needed) in the preheated air fryer and cook, turning once or twice, until the kernels are vibrant and tender, about 12-15 minutes.
Check the corn halfway into cooking to make sure it isn’t burning.
Serve immediately with the garlic butter, Parmesan, and parsley.
Looking for more corn recipes?
- Galey iyo Qumbo (Somali Corn in Coconut Sauce)
- Grilled Corn with Sriracha Butter
- Jolada Palya (Stir-Fried Corn with Basil and Leeks)
Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn Recipe
Adapted from Eclectic Recipes
Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and grated or minced
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ounce (28 grams) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley finely chopped
- Preheat grill to 350-400˚F (180-200˚C).
- Remove most of the husks on the corn and leave the innermost layer intact. Pull them back just enough to remove the silks, then place back over the corn.
- Place corn on preheated grill. Cook, turning once or twice until kernels are bright yellow, 15-20 minutes.
- Place the butter in a small heat-safe bowl.
- Microwave until the butter is melted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Remove remaining husks and brush the corn kernels with melted garlic butter while still hot. Sprinkle with plenty of Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately.