A recipe for Roasted Strawberry Parfaits! Roasted strawberries are layered with lemony yogurt and granola for a light and flavorful treat.
These Roasted Strawberry Parfaits are perfect for an easy, yet striking addition to breakfast/brunch or even as a refreshing afternoon snack. Best of all, they come together in only 30 minutes!
Fresh strawberries are tossed in a little brown sugar and salt, then roasted in a 400˚F (200˚C) oven until fragrant and just tender. The strawberries with their juice are then layered with honey-sweetened lemon yogurt and your favorite granola. Immediately before serving, top with a few cacao nibs and fresh mint if desired.
A Few Tips
The amount of roasted strawberries in this recipe is usually perfect for 3-4 parfaits. If you happen to have extra, they are amazing paired with pancakes, waffles, scones, biscuits, and ice cream. The recipe can easily be doubled as long as there is enough room on the baking sheet to cook the strawberries in a single layer.
I layered the parfaits with a store-bought dark chocolate and red berry granola. It paired perfectly with the roasted strawberries and yogurt. Use your favorite store-bought or homemade flavor.
For quick assembly, the roasted strawberries and the lemon yogurt can each be prepared ahead of time (up to 2-3 days) and refrigerated in separate airtight containers until needed. Serve immediately after layering.
If the honey is too thick to stir, microwave for 10 to 20 seconds until just runny enough to blend into the Greek yogurt. Adjust the amount of honey to taste and desired sweetness.
I topped each Roasted Strawberry Parfait with a little more granola, a sprinkling of cacao nibs, and a sprig of fresh mint.
Looking for more parfait recipes?
Roasted Strawberry Parfaits Recipe
Adapted from Steele House Kitchen
Roasted Strawberry Parfaits
- 1 pound (450 grams) fresh strawberries hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (485 grams) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons (42 grams) honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1 1/2 cups (100-150 grams) granola
- Cacao nibs for garnish, optional
- Fresh mint for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, toss the strawberries with brown sugar and salt. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven just until the strawberries release their juices, but have not falling apart, 15-20 minutes. Transfer the strawberries and all the juice to medium bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside or cover and refrigerate if not using immediately.
- Place a large dollop of the lemony honey yogurt on the bottom of 3-4 serving glasses. Top with a layer of roasted strawberries with juice, then granola. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of each glass, finishing with a layer of strawberries and a large sprinkle of granola.
- If desired, sprinkle a few cacao nibs and add a sprig of fresh mint. Serve immediately.