A recipe for Roasted Vanilla Orange Juice! Oranges are roasted with a vanilla bean and sugar, then juiced for a light and refreshing addition to breakfast or brunch.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
With just a couple of extra steps, you can add even more flavor to your morning with this Roasted Vanilla Orange Juice! Before juicing six oranges, set aside a couple. Slice them in half and arrange in an 8×8 inch baking dish with water, sugar, and a halved vanilla bean. As the oranges roast in a 350˚F oven, the sugar and water reduce with the vanilla to create a light and fragrant syrup. After about 25-30 minutes, the oranges will puff and develop a golden brown color around the edges. Allow the oranges to cool to room temperature before juicing and combining with the remaining oranges and syrup from the pan.
The Roasted Vanilla Orange Juice can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week. Stir well before serving to help mix in any vanilla that may have drifted to the bottom of the glass.
I usually buy my vanilla beans on Amazon. The price is generally less expensive than the local grocery stores.
The original recipe from Feasting on Art also includes an additional sugar syrup. I found the sweetness to be perfect for me with simply the 1/3 cup sugar added to the orange slices, but adjust to taste and flavor with a sugar syrup if desired. You can even play around with some honey or your favorite sugar substitute.
Roasted Vanilla Orange Juice Recipe
Adapted from Feasting on Art
Roasted Vanilla Orange Juice
- 6 large oranges divided
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and set aside an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Cut two of the oranges in half and place in the baking dish, cut side up. Pour water into the pan and sprinkle with the sugar, covering the orange slices as well. Slice the vanilla bean in half lenghwise and place in the water.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the orange slices start to caramelize, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before handling.
- In a medium bowl, juice the remaining 4 oranges. Juice the caramelized orange slices into the bowl with the rest of the juice. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla bean and whisk to break up the seeds. Pour in the sugary water from the roasting pan. Whisk to combine.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve for up to a week.