Recipe for Salted Caramel Affogato in celebration of #ChristmasSweetsWeek! Salted caramel-spiked espresso is poured over vanilla gelato and topped with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored in conjunction with #ChristmasSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This Salted Caramel Affogato is my final post for #ChristmasSweetsWeek! Check out my Gingerbread Cupcakes with Eggnog Buttercream for more information and additional recipes along with my Joulutorttu (Finnish Christmas Tarts).
Salted Caramel Affogato
After four years in DC, I am still getting used to the 60-70˚F temperatures during December here in Southern California. This Salted Caramel Affogato is quite the decadent treat to enjoy during the still warm winter days. Freshly prepared espresso is flavored with a splash of Torani Salted Caramel Syrup, poured over vanilla gelato, and topped with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce (I am particularly fond of this Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce).
I served the Salted Caramel Affogato in these Double Wall Insulated Glasses from JoyJolt. I love the double wall design and the use of insulated borosilicate-glass to make the cups more resistant to temperature changes.
After I finished taking the photos, Claire said it was missing something and added a pinch of this Snow Queen Sprinkles Mix from Sweets & Treats. It definitely did make the Affogato more festive for the season!
- Bourbon Salted Caramel Coffee with Whipped Cream from With Two Spoons
- Chocolate Eggnog Pudding Shots from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cookie Butter Eggnog Cocktail from My Suburban Kitchen
- Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Drops from Family Around the Table
- Mulled Red Wine Sangria from Platter Talk
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate from Live Love Texas
- Salted Caramel Apple Cider Martini from Sweet Beginnings
- This Salted Caramel Chocolate Martini from The Crumby Kitchen
- Salted Caramel Mocha Smoothie from An Affair from the Heart
- Sugar Cookie Martini from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Baked Cranberry Eggnog French Toast from The Spiffy Cookie
- Maple Bourbon Old Fashion Bread Pudding from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Pecan Butter Rum Toffee from Take Two Tapas
- Christmas Grinch Bark from Blogghetti
- White Christmas Sugar Cookie Dough Fudge from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Forest Cheesecake from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Butter Rum Cheesecake from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Christmas Cornflake Wreaths from The Mandatory Mooch
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Cookie Cups from Love and Confections
- Cookie Butter Shortbread Bars from Eat Move Make
- Fluffernutter Truffles from Mildly Meandering
- Frozen Mint Meltaway Pie from Cooking with Carlee
- Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes with Eggnog Frosting from The Baking Fairy
- Spiced Eggnog Sugarmen from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Eggnog Butter Frosting from Lady Behind the Curtain
- Slice ‘N’ Bake Grinch Cookies from Big Bear’s Wife
- Snowmen Macarons from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Salted Caramel Affogato Recipe
Adapted from Inside the Rustic Kitchen
Salted Caramel Affogato
- 2 shots freshly brewed espresso or 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1/2-1 tablespoon salted caramel syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla gelato
- Salted caramel sauce for serving
- In a cup or small bowl, combine the espresso and caramel syrup.
- Place the vanilla gelato in a serving glass. Pour the salted caramel-spiked espresso over the gelato and drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
- Serve immediately.