Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers recipe for Secret Recipe Club!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
It is time for the Secret Recipe Club again! For those who haven’t seen my previous Secret Recipe Club posts, this club includes a group of bloggers who are assigned a different blog each month and secretly make a recipe to post on their specified reveal day. I look forward to my assignment email every month and discovering new blogs. It is also fun to see what someone chooses from your blog. This will actually be my last time posting with Group D at the end of the month. Secret Recipe Club is trimming down to three groups, so I will be a part of Group C starting next month. It has been a great nearly 3 years Group D!
This month I was assigned to Lauren’s blog, From Gate to Plate (no longer active). Lauren lives in the country in Iowa. She is a certified chef and has a Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science and Agronomy. On the blog, she brings together her two passions: cooking and agriculture. She grew up on a 200 acre farm with a cow-calf operation and continues to share her experiences with running a farm, from the fruits and vegetables to the livestock. Her favorite foods include desserts, comfort food, and red meat. With Cinco de Mayo coming up, I decided to make her Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers.
These Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers are marinated for only about 30 minutes in a seasoned tequila lime sauce, then grilled until just pink on each side. Overall, it is an easy-to-assemble appetizer or main dish and perfect for the increasing temperatures outside. If you don’t want to fire up the grill, you can do what I did and place a cast iron grill pan on the stove over medium heat.
If you want to add some heat, sprinkle a little cayenne or red chili flakes into the marinade.
Serve hot with some rice and other desired sides, plus lime slices and more fresh cilantro for garnish.
Check out what everyone else from Group D made:
- Pandesal (Filipino Bread Rolls) from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chili with Beef, Chocolate and Pumpkin from My Wholefood Family
- Chocolate Walnut Babka from I am a Honey Bee
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Dip from Cooking with Traci
- A Classic Greek Salad Recipe from Lavender and Lovage
- Honey Roasted Snack Mix from Life on Food
- Lemon Chicken Stir Fry from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Mushroom and Camembert Pasta from Lemon and Cheese
- Winger’s Grilled Sticky Finger Salad from Making Miracles
- Ooey Gooey Quadruple Fudge Brownies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prairie Mule from Lynsey Lou’s
- Cake Mix Toffee Bars from Our Good Life
- Mayo Crusted Roasted Chicken from Natural Noshing
- Root Beer Pancakes from The Spiffy Cookie
Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe
Adapted from From Gate to Plate
Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons tequila
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Lime slices
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- If skewers are bamboo or wooden, cover them with water to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, tequila, and salt. Toss in the shrimp until well-coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to 350 degrees F or place cast iron grill pan over medium heat. Arrange the shrimp onto skewers, 3 for small skewers or about 5 for larger.
- Place the skewers on preheated grill and cook until pink on each side.
- Serve hot with rice, lime slices, and cilantro.