One Pot Spaghetti recipe for Secret Recipe Club! With only one pot and less than 40 minutes, this comforting meal is perfect for weeknights.
Secret Recipe Club
Time for another Secret Recipe Club! For those who haven’t seen my previous Secret Recipe Club posts, this club includes a group of bloggers who are assigned a different blog each month and secretly make a recipe to post on their specified reveal day. I look forward to my assignment email every month and discovering new blogs. It is also fun to see what someone chooses from your blog.
This month I was assigned to the leader of Secret Recipe Club herself, Sarah of Fantastical Sharing. Sarah lives in Tennessee with her high school sweetheart and three children. Her youngest is just a few days apart in age from my daughter Claire. She started the blog as a way to share all of the recipes she has hoarded and enjoys with her family. She has quite the collection to choose from and it was so difficult to narrow down to one recipe. I finally decided on One Pot Spaghetti, but have also pinned these for the future: Nutella Cheesecake Shooters, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal, Japanese Steakhouse Hibachi Chicken and Steak with Veggies, Kinda Like Chick-Fil-A Sandwich, Strawberry Nutella Milkshake, Strawberry Coconut Baked Oatmeal, Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce, Domino’s Cinnastix, S’mores Rice Krispie Treats, Soft Lofthouse Style Frosted Cookies, and Belgian Cookie Dough Waffles.
One Pot Spaghetti
Today’s post is also special for another reason. When I started this blog almost 3 years ago, Evan was 6 months old and just beginning to try food. The first few blog posts of him trying out my recipes have mostly evolved to him actually helping me cook. Now, my baby girl, Claire, is 6 months old. She started out with a couple of slices of watermelon and peaches earlier this week, but this One Pot Spaghetti was her first time enjoying a meal with us. I don’t know if any noodles were actually eaten, but the sauce was definitely enjoyed and ended up everywhere. I had forgotten how messy babies are with food. It is still so fun seeing their reactions for the first time.
This One Pot Spaghetti is a great choice for a weeknight meal. As the name suggests, everything is cooked in only one pot and takes less than 40 minutes. Ground beef is browned with onions and garlic before adding in the chicken broth, tomato sauce, water, then the pasta. The pot is then covered and the mixture cooks until the pasta absorbs the water and becomes tender. Be sure to stir occasionally to keep the spaghetti from sticking together (which can create a gummy texture) or to the bottom of the pot.
I didn’t add any salt since there was plenty in the chicken broth and spaghetti sauce. Season to taste. I used a tomato basil sauce, but use whichever kind you prefer. Water content may vary. You can also add various vegetables such as sliced mushrooms.
Looking for more easy pasta recipes? Try my Slow Cooker Lasagna, Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad, and Carbonara di Salmone Affumicato (Smoked Salmon Carbonara).
Check out what everyone else made for #SecretRecipeClub!
- Blackberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Make-Ahead Cold Oatmeal with Honey and Raspberries from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Soutzoukakia (Greek Meatballs in a Tomato Sauce) from Chocolate and Chillies
- Creamy Dreamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese from The Colbert Clan
- Avocado Bacon Pancakes with Maple Syrup from Without Adornment
- Frozen Hot Chocolate from Natural Noshing
- Seared Pork Tortas from Life on Food
- Uova in Purgatorio from Enriching Your Kid
- Empanaditas de Chorizo from Lavender & Lovage
- Dark Chocolate Panna Cotta with Mango Coulis from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Turkey-Chorizo Burger with Green Chile Dressing from Bewitching Kitchen
- Soccer Game Day Dip from Burnt Apple
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Kheema Mattar (Indian Spiced Beef with Peas) from Palatable Pastime
- Lemon and Blueberry Roulade from The Spiffy Cookie
- Veggie Lover’s Pasta Salad from Making Miracles
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole from Caleigh’s Kitchen
- Pumpkin Waffles from Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gin, Lemon and Mint Martini from Lynsey Lou’s
- Dan Dan Noodles from I am a Honey Bee
One Pot Spaghetti Recipe
One Pot Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 25-26 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti broken in half
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan plus more for garnish
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large pot, drizzle olive oil over medium heat.
- Once thoroughly heated, stir in the onions. Once softened, add the ground beef. Cook, stirring to break the beef into small pieces, until browned. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. If needed, drain any excess liquid.
- Stir in the chicken broth, tomato sauce, and water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and add the spaghetti noodles. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally to keep the bottom from sticking, until most of the liquid has been absorbed and noodles are al dente, just tender, 17-20 minutes. If too much liquid has evaporated before the pasta is done, add a little more water.
- Stir in the parmesan and remove from heat. Serve immediately with additional parmesan and fresh parsley if desired.