Chocolate Date Bites recipe for the Secret Recipe Club!
Secret Recipe Club time again and I’m sharing a recipe for Chocolate Date Bites! For those who haven’t seen my previous Secret Recipe Club posts, this club includes three group of bloggers who are assigned a different blog each month and secretly make a recipe to post on their specified Monday reveal day. I look forward to my assignment email every month and discovering new blogs. It is also fun to see what someone chooses from your blog.
This month I was assigned to Anne of Simple and Savory. In addition to the blog, Anne is also a real estate agent. She doesn’t follow a single diet, but enjoys sharing a variety of healthy recipes that focus on easy to prepare and simple ingredients. Most are perfect for the weeknight meal and can be done in less than an hour. In her recipe index, you will also find separate categories for gluten free, dairy free, and vegan/vegetarian. I decided on her Chocolate Date Bites, but also pinned her California Burger Bowl, Coconut Almond Energy Bites, and Dark Chocolate Almond Bites for later.
These Chocolate Date Bites are perfect for that chocolate or sweet craving. They are in small portions and require only four ingredients. Pitted dates are blended in the food process with a spoonful of peanut butter to create a smooth mixture. After refrigerating, the mixture is formed into small balls and coated in melted chocolate with coconut oil.
They are stored in the refrigerator until ready to eat or for up to a week. These little bites exceeded my expectations. The date and peanut center have an almost caramel-like quality and paired perfectly with the thin chocolate coating. I haven’t used dates often in the past, but they are definitely growing on me.
Check out what everyone else made!
- Sage and Apple Fritters from My Wholefood Family
- Breakfast Quinoa from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Pumpkin and Sausage Pizza from The Pajama Chef
- French Dip Sandwich from Dessert Before Dinner
- Hearty Bean Barley Soup from The Big Sweet Tooth
- Moroccan Pilaf Stuffed Acorn Squash from Herbivore Cucina
- Chocolate Cake with Caramel Maple Buttercream Frosting from The Heritage Cook
- Brown Sugar Cake from Where is My Spoon
- Chocolate Beetroot Cake from Savory Moments
- Pepperoni and Cheese Dip from Join Us, Pull Up a Chair
- German Beef Roulades from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken from Table for Seven
- Pumpkin Ice Cream from Cook with Sara
- Macarons with Vanilla Cream from Loving Life
- Quinoa Squash Pilaf from Tea and Scones
- Palak Daal (Chickpeas with Spinach) from Natural Noshing
- Halloween White Chocolate Raisin Bars from Casa Costello
- Banana Blueberry Muffins from Lynsey Lou’s
Chocolate Date Bites Recipe
Adapted from Simple and Savory
Chocolate Date Bites
- 14 pitted medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a food processor, add the dates and peanut butter. Process until the mixture becomes a thick, smooth paste. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a double boiler or a microwave in 20 second increments, melt together the dark chocolate and coconut oil until melted and smooth.
- Line a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper. Remove the date peanut butter from the refrigerator. Take a 3/4 inch piece and roll it into a smooth ball. Dip and coat it in the melted chocolate using a fork or dipping tool. Transfer to the parchment and repeat with remaining dates and chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and allow to set before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.