A recipe for Snowman Pancakes! Basic pancake batter is transformed into festive Snowmen with the help of bacon, chocolate chips, blueberries, and pretzel sticks.
Add a little holiday magic to breakfast with these Snowman Pancakes!
I used the same pancake base as Sew You Think You Can Cook‘s Ghost Pancakes, but piped them out onto the skillet in the shape of snowmen instead. To help with the look, I cut out noses from a slice of cheddar cheese, used chocolate chips for the eyes, mini chocolate chips for the mouth, bacon for the scarf, blueberries for the buttons, and pretzel sticks for the arms. Along the serving platter, I scattered mini marshmallows for snow for an extra special, sweet touch.
I didn’t try it, but I have also seen bacon pieces arranged at the top as a hat. If you don’t like blueberries, chocolate chips can be substituted (or the other way around and use blueberries for the face instead of chocolate chips).
Looking for more fun pancake recipes?
Snowman Pancakes Recipe
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 16 chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 8 small pretzel sticks
- 24 blueberries
- Mini marshmallows
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Fold each strip of bacon down in the center to form a perpendicular angle for the scarf. Fry on each side until crisp. Repeat with remaining strips and place on a towel-lined plate.
- While the bacon is cooking, place another large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grease lightly with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center and add the egg, milk, and butter. Whisk together to create a smooth batter.
- Use a measuring cup and spoon to pour pancakes shaped like snowmen on the hot skillet or transfer the batter to a squeeze bottle and squeeze out the outline of a snowman, then quickly fill in in a thin layer.
- Cook until lightly golden on the bottom and bubbles for on the top. Flip and cook until the other side is golden. Heat may need to be adjusted between medium and medium-low. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing as necessary.
- Allow the pancakes to cool slightly, then decorate like snowmen.
- Arrange the chocolate chips as the eyes and the mini chocolate chips as the mouth. Cut a nose out of the slice of cheddar cheese and place between the eyes and mouth. Put the crispy piece of bacon around the neck for the scarf. Break a pretzel stick in half and place at either side for the arms. Arrange 3 blueberries down the middle for buttons. If desired, arrange mini marshmallows at the bottom for snow.
- Serve immediately.