A recipe for Frittata Spinaci e Spaghetti al Limone (Spinach and Lemon Spaghetti Frittata)!
My house has become overrun with lemons and it is starting to show in my cooking. I love making frittatas during the week, because they are so easy to put together. This is a great way to use any extra pasta sitting in your refrigerator. I used spaghetti, but any long-stranded pasta will work just fine.
Looking for more recipes with lemon?
Frittata Spinaci e Spaghetti al Limone (Spinach and Lemon Spaghetti Frittata)
Adapted from In Sock Monkey Slippers
Spinach and Lemon Spaghetti Frittata
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked spaghetti
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped
- Feta cheese crumbled
- Fresh Basil shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- In a 10 inch oven-safe skillet, drizzle the olive oil and heat to medium low. Chop the cooked spaghetti into about 3 inch pieces and evenly distribute across heated skillet. Cover the spaghetti with spinach. Add the whisked eggs and gently stir to even out all the ingredients. Cook until the egg sets around the edges, but is still slightly jiggly in the middle.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake until cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Top with feta cheese, cut into slices, and garnish with basil.