A recipe for White Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Drizzle! These easy cookies are packed with white chocolate chips and covered in a peanut butter white chocolate drizzle.
I originally found the inspiration for these White Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Drizzle over on Baking Joy (no longer active) and they have such a fun blend of flavors. I love white chocolate and Chad loves peanut butter, so they were the perfect combination for us.
The base is just a basic cookie packed with white chocolate chips. It comes together in about 15 minutes with no resting times or intricate designs. Simply blend together the ingredients, form into balls, and bake until barely set and golden.
Once the cookies have cooled to room temperature, top with a drizzle of peanut butter and melted white chocolate.
A Few Tips
Arrange the prepared dough in 1 inch (2.5 centimeter) balls on the baking sheet about 2 inches (5 centimeters) apart. A medium-sized cookie scoop works well to transfer the dough and keep the cookies roughly the same size.
Bake the cookies just until they are set and starting to turn golden brown around the edges, about 10-12 minutes. This will create a slightly crisp texture with a soft and chewy center. Take care not to over-bake.
If using a natural peanut butter, make sure it is well-mixed without any separated oil before measuring out for the drizzle.
I melted the white chocolate chips and peanut butter together in the microwave in 15-20 second increments until smooth and creamy. Be very careful not to overheat the white chocolate. You can also use a double boiler.
To easily drizzle the mixture over the cookies, I transferred the peanut butter and melted white chocolate to a piping bag with a small round tip. You can also use a spoon.
These cookies are best the day they are made, but will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
The peanut butter white chocolate drizzle will set slightly as it cools, but will not fully harden. Do not stack the cookies.
Looking for more recipes with white chocolate?
This recipe was originally posted in October 2013 and updated in July 2022.
White Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Drizzle Recipe
Adapted from Baking Joy
White Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Drizzle
White Chocolate Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (190 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (170 grams) white chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Drizzle:
- 1/3 cup (95 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (45 grams) white chocolate chips
To make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line two baking sheets with parchment or lightly grease.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then the vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture just until combined.
- Gently fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 1 inch (2.5 centimeter) balls and place on prepared baking sheets 2 inches (5 centimeters) apart.
- Bake in preheated oven until set and the edges are beginning to turn golden, 10-12 minutes. Let rest on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool to room temperature.
Peanut Butter Drizzle:
- As the cookies cool, prepare drizzle by placing peanut butter and white chocolate in a small bowl.
- Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between, until smooth. Drizzle over the top of cooled cookies.
- The topping will only set slightly. Do not stack. These cookies are best the day they are baked. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.