Chorizo Cheese Dip with Spinach
This Spinach Chorizo Dip is a perfect addition to your Easy Football Food Ideas for Game Day! Packed with spinach, spicy chorizo, and three types of cheese, this creamy dip is sure to be a hit at your party or anytime you need to satisfy that comfort food craving.
Servings 4 -6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 ounces fresh Mexican chorizo removed from casing
- 2 heaping cups fresh baby spinach roughly chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 ounces low-moisture mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large skillet, drizzle olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Crumble in the fresh chorizo and cook, stirring often and breaking up with a spoon into small pieces, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped spinach and cook just until wilted. Remove from heat, drain any excess fat and water, and allow to cool.
Set aside about 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese.