Breakfast Nachos recipe for #FoodieExtravaganza! Tortilla chips are layered with cheese, breakfast sausage, eggs, avocado, salsa, and sour cream for delicious snack served any time of the day.
Servings 4 -6 Servings
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- 5 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 ounces breakfast sausage or bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, pit removed, and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375˚F. Lightly grease a large, rimmed baking sheet or line with parchment.
Arrange half of the chips in a single layer on the baking sheet. Top evenly with half of the cheese and sausage (or bacon).
Cover with the remaining chips, followed by the remaining cheese and sausage.
Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly and everything is heated through, 8-12 minutes.
To top the Breakfast Nachos:
In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and milk until thin enough to drizzle. Add a little more milk if needed. Set aside.
Place a large skillet over medium-low heat. Lightly grease and cook the eggs, either fried or scrambled. Arrange over the nachos. Top with the green onions, avocado, cilantro, thinned sour cream, salsa, and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the Breakfast Nachos immediately with additional salsa.