A recipe for Reindeer Munch from the cookbook, The Ultimate Kids' Baking Book by Tiffany Dahle.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 12 Servings
- 3 cups (30 g) popped popcorn
- 4 cups (108 g) Rice Chex cereal or similar product
- 1 cup (64 g) pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup (70 g) roasted cashews
- 2/3 cup (173 g) peanut butter or your favorite nut or seed butter
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) salted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons (20-30 g) holiday sprinkles
- 2 cups (240 g) powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) red and green M&M's
Place the popcorn, cereal, pretzels and cashews into a gallon-size (3.8 L) resealable plastic bag. Set aside.
Place the peanut butter and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for 20 seconds and use oven mitts to remove the bowl for stirring. Continue to heat in 20-second sessions and stir until the mixture is melted and smooth.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn mixture, seal the bag and gently shake to coat everything in peanut butter.
Open the bag and add a few tablespoons (20 to 30 g) of sprinkles, seal the bag and shake again.
Open the bag and add the powdered sugar, seal the bag and shake again.
Pour the snack mixture into a serving bowl and gently stir in the M&M's.