Chorizo, Sweet Potato, Roasted Pepper and Manchego Salad
A recipe for Chorizo, Sweet Potato, Roasted Pepper, and Manchego Salad
Servings 2 -3 Servings
- 3 cups arugula salad blend
- 3 ounces Spanish chorizo
- 1 fire roasted piquillo or red bell pepper peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces sweet potato roasted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds toasted
- 1 ounce Manchego cheese shaved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon basil paste
Place the arugula salad blend on a large serving platter.
Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Thinly slice the chorizo and add to the heated skillet. Cook, stirring often, until heated through and the fat has been rendered. Remove from heat and transfer to a towel lined plate using a slotted spoon to drain excess moisture. Add to the salad along with the thinly sliced pepper.
Peel the roasted sweet potato and thinly slice. Arrange over the salad. Sprinkle with almonds and cheese.
For the dressing: Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and basil paste.
Serve immediately with the salad.