Asparagus Fried Rice
Have leftover rice from dinner last night? Make this Asparagus Fried Rice with Jasmine rice, crushed garlic, sliced asparagus, and green onions for a perfect breakfast or brunch recipe.
Servings 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus woody stem discarded and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 4 cups day-old cooked Jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large wok, drizzle oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic when starting to become hot, but not fully heated. Cook until golden, then add the green onions and asparagus. Cook, stirring often, until the asparagus is bright green and tender.
Crumble in the cooked jasmine rice, using a spoon to break up the larger pieces. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and thoroughly combined with the vegetables, about 5 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.