Våfflor (Swedish Waffles)
A recipe for Våfflor (Swedish Waffles)! These light waffles are perfect for breakfast or brunch paired with jam, fruit, and/or whipped cream.
Servings 6 - 8 Waffles
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (25 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (300 milliliters) milk
- 6 tablespoons (85 grams) unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled, plus more for greasing
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar, and salt.
Mix in the eggs and milk, followed by the melted butter. Whisk until just combined.
Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Grease the heated iron with butter.
Pour in a ladleful of the prepared batter, about 1/4 cup (60 milliliters). Heat until the waffle is cooked through and golden. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
Serve warm with desired toppings such as lingonberry jam, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.