Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Recipe for Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots. Sweet, tender carrots are simmered and coated in a buttery brown sugar maple glaze.
Servings 6 Servings
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and sliced into thick sticks
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish optional
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Toss in the carrots, followed by the brown sugar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and the sauce has reduced to a bubbling glaze.
The glaze will thicken a little more once it is removed from heat. Serve immediately topped with the freshly topped parsley if desired.