A recipe for Tahina Cookies from the cookbook, King Solomon's Table
Servings 3 dozen cookies
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick/113 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature, or 1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 1 cup (135 grams) plus 2 tablespoons flour sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) tahina (tahini)
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) blanched and peeled almonds
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter or oil and sugar. Mix in the flour, salt, and baking powder, then the vanilla and the tahina.
Roll the dough into balls about the size of a large marble and put on the parchment-lined baking sheets. Press an almond in the center of each, slightly flattening the cookies.
Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through, until lightly golden and beginning to crisp.