Obatzda (Bavarian Cheese and Beer Dip)
Celebrate Oktoberfest with Obatzda, a Bavarian Cheese and Beer Spread! Soft, ripe cheese is paired with butter and spices for a flavorful accompaniment to pretzels and bread.
Servings 1 1/2 Cups
- 4 ounces Brie cheese room temperature
- 4 ounces Camembert cheese room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 ounces unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 medium onion finely diced
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika sweet, spicy, or a mixture
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons German beer
- Caraway seeds
- Chopped chives
- Thinly sliced radish
- Thinly sliced red onion
In a large bowl or food processor, combine the Brie, Camembert, cream cheese, and butter. Mix together or process until well combined. Stir or blend in the onion, paprika, caraway, salt, pepper, and beer.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least an hour. Serve sprinkled with caraway seeds and chives and alongside sliced radish, red onion, and lettuce.