A recipe for Horchata from the cookbook, Richard Sandoval's New Latin Flavors
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 can (14 ounces/ 390 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces/335 g) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons raw long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons almond flour alos called almond meal
- 4 (3 inch/7.5 cm) cinnamon sticks
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
Whisk the condensed milk, evaporated milk, and 2/3 cup (165 ml) water together in a pitcher, making sure to completely combine the two canned milks. Add the rice and almond flour and whisk again. Add the cinnamon sticks, cover, and refrigerate for at least 12 and up to 24 hours.
Strain into a bowl, pressing hard on the solids. Discard the solids. Return the milk mixture to the pitcher. Divide among four tall ice-filled glasses and sprinkle each with ground cinnamon.