Chorizo and Sweet Potato Salad
A recipe for Chorizo and Sweet Potato Salad! An arugula blend is paired with sweet potatoes, Spanish chorizo, almonds, peppers, Manchego, and a lemony sherry vinaigrette.
Servings 2 -3 Servings
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) arugula salad blend
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) sliced almonds
- 4 ounces (113 grams) Spanish chorizo
- 6 ounces (170 grams) sweet potato roasted and cooled
- 2 fire roasted piquillo peppers diced
- 2 ounces (57 grams) Manchego cheese shaved
To make the vinaigrette:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sherry vinegar, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Set aside while preparing the salad.
To assemble the Chorizo and Sweet Potato Salad:
Arrange the arugula blend on a large serving platter.
Place a dry skillet over medium heat. Add the almonds and toast, stirring often, until just golden and fragrant. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Clean the skillet and place back over medium heat. Thinly slice the chorizo and add to the heated skillet.
Cook, stirring often, until heated through and the fat has been rendered. Remove from heat and transfer to a towel lined plate using a slotted spoon to drain excess moisture.
Once cooled, add the drained chorizo to the salad.
Peel the roasted sweet potato and thinly slice. Arrange over the salad along with the diced peppers. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and the Manchego cheese.
Serve the salad immediately with the sherry vinaigrette.