Roasted Tomato, Almond, and Tahini Dip
Roasted Tomato, Almond, and Tahini Dip recipe! Tomatoes are blended in the food processor with roasted almonds, tahini, and seasonings until smooth.
Servings 2 Cups
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla or pita chips for serving
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and preheat oven to 400˚F.
Arrange the tomatoes on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake in preheated oven until the tomatoes start to darken, burst, and wrinkle, 45-60 minutes.
Allow the tomatoes to cool slightly, then transfer with any juices to a food processor. Add the almonds, tahini, vinegar, cumin, and cayenne. Process until combined, then keep running while slowly drizzling in the olive oil until the dip becomes smooth and creamy. Add a little more olive oil if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with tortilla or pita chips.