Badem Ezmesi (Bebek Almond Truffles)
A recipe for Badem Ezmesi (Bebek Almond Truffles) from the cookbook, Anatolia.
Servings 10 truffles
- 50 ml (1 3/4 fl oz) water
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) sugar
- 4 drops lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 150 grams (5 1/2 ounces, 1 cup) blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico or hazelnut liqueur
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounce) dark cocoa powder
Bring 50 ml (1 3/4 fl oz) water to a boil over high heat. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Reduce the heat to a simmer, then add the lemon juice and the orange blossom water.
Put the almonds in a mixing bowl and gradually add the syrup, in four batches, pounding the mixture with a wooden spoon each time. Add the Fragelico and then knead the mixture for 5 minutes, until a smooth paste forms.
Roll the truffles into about ten walnut-sized balls, coat with cocoa powder and serve.