A recipe for Riganada, Ionian Island Bruschette with Cherry Tomatoes and Feta, from the cookbook, Venetian Republic by Nino Zoccali.
Servings 6 Servings
- 1/2 small monastery sourdough baguette or any quality artisanal sourdough baguette
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 1/2 ounce (160 g) sheep's milk feta sliced
- 14 ounces (400 g) ripe cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried Greek oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Slice the bread into twelve 1/3 inch (8 mm) thick pieces. Lightly toast the bread on both sides and place on a serving platter. Drizzle with a little olive oil and then top each piece with feta, cherry tomatoes, and red onion. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Drizzle with a little more olive oil, sprinkle generously with oregano, and drizzle more oil over the top to finish.