General Joseph’s Five-Star Chicken Batons
A recipe for General Joseph's Five-Star Chicken Batons from the cookbook, Deepa's Secrets.
Servings 4 Servings
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tablespoons shallots minced in a foodprocessor
- 1 slice bacon finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2-3 drops liquid smoke
- 8 (six-inch) skewers wooden (soaked in water for one hour) or metal
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil for basting
- 1 tablespoon chaat masala
Pound chicken breast between two sheets of parchment paper with wooden mallet until 1⁄2-inch thick. Cut into 1-inch strips.
Mix the marinade in a medium glass bowl. Add chicken, cover, and hold in the fridge for at least one hour.
Position rack in middle of oven and turn broiler on.
Thread chicken on skewers. Brush with sesame oil and broil, 5 minutes per side.
Sprinkle with chaat masala and serve hot with Deepa’s Green Sauce or Chutput Ketchup for delicious dipping.