A recipe for a Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie! Pumpkin puree is blended with cream cheese, oats, banana, and spices for a delicious and easy fall drink.
This Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie is a great option whether you are looking for a quick breakfast, afternoon snack, or just an easy way to use up extra pumpkin puree.
Pure pumpkin puree is blended with milk (or oat milk), banana, oats, cream cheese, honey, and a combination of warming spices. For a little decadence, top the smoothie with whipped cream, a sprinkling of crushed graham crackers, and additional pumpkin pie spice. It all comes together in about 10 minutes!
When I pureed a couple of pumpkins in October, I froze the puree in 1/2 cup batches for easy access throughout the holidays. For this smoothie, the pumpkin puree can be used straight from the freezer or from the refrigerator. When chilled, it helps add a creamy consistency to the drink.
A Few Smoothie Tips
This recipe uses pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin puree simply contains cooked and pureed pumpkin.
Pumpkin pie spice is a spice mixture often comprised of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice. It can be found in the spice section of most American grocery stores, particularly in the fall.
The measurements listed are mostly just guidelines. Adjust the amount of honey based on personal preference. You can even swap the honey for maple syrup or brown sugar if desired or simply omit.
If the mixture is too thick to blend, add a little more milk. If thinner than desired, add a little more pumpkin puree, oats, ice, or another banana.
Use a frozen banana for a creamier and thicker texture.
Serve the Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie immediately after blending.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
This recipe was originally posted in November 2013 and updated November 2021.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie Recipe
Adapted from Cooking Classy
Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups (355 milliliters) milk dairy or oat milk
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) pumpkin puree refrigerated
- 1 banana chopped, frozen
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) quick oats
- 2 ounces (57 grams) cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130 grams) ice
- Whipped cream
- Crushed graham crackers
- Pumpkin pie spice
- In a large blender, add the milk, pumpkin puree, banana, oats, cream cheese, honey, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla extract, and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie among serving glasses and serve immediately, if desired with whipped cream, crushed graham crackers, and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.