These light and fluffy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are an easy autumn treat that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
If you have any extra pumpkin puree leftover during your holiday baking, put it to use with these easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. The combination of pumpkin and yogurt creates a wonderfully light and moist texture that keeps the muffins fresh even for a second day. Add additional flavor with pumpkin pie spice and mini chocolate chips scattered throughout.
Make sure to use pure pumpkin when putting together the muffins, not pumpkin pie filling.
I slightly overfilled an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter to each of the prepared muffin tins.
I liked the look and texture of mini chocolate chips studded throughout the muffins, but you can also substitute with regular semi-sweet chocolate chips if the mini ones aren’t available.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Try my Pumpkin Cheese Soup with Garlic Basil Cheese Crisps, Pumpkin Fantail Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Icing, and Pumpkin and Cider Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Adapted from Little Sweet Baker
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pure pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line 12 muffin tins with liners or lightly grease.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, vegetable oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Pour into the flour mixture and stir just until no streaks of flour remain. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 350˚F. Continue to cook for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Allow to cool in tins for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack.