A recipe for Cheddar Guinness Dip! This flavorful, creamy dip comes together easily with a food processor and is perfect for pairing with pretzels, crackers, bread, and vegetables.
Disclaimer: Consume alcoholic beverages at your own risk and liability. This recipe is intended only for those over the age of 21 (in the United States). Please drink/eat responsibly.
This Cheddar Guinness Dip is perfect to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day or any time of year! Softened cream cheese is blended in the food processor with Irish or Cheddar cheese, garlic, Guinness, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, green onions, parsley, salt, and pepper.
It comes together quickly in less than 15 minutes, but allow the dip to rest in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow the flavors to blend. For the best texture, bring to room temperature for about 15-20 minutes before serving. If desired, top the dip with a sprinkling of additional green onions and parsley.
I especially love pairing this Cheddar Guinness Dip on a wooden board with an assortment of pretzels (hard or soft), carrots, celery, crackers, sliced sausage, and more.
A few tips
Make sure the cream cheese has softened to room temperature before blending with the rest of the ingredients. This will help create a more smooth consistency.
Start with 1/4 teaspoon salt and adjust to taste. I generally keep it at 1/4 teaspoon if I will be serving the dip with salty pretzels, etc, or increase closer to 1/2 teaspoon if pairing with a more mild bread.
If you love mustard, increase the Dijon mustard up to 2 teaspoons.
Want a bit more spice? Add a pinch or two of ground cayenne or a hot paprika.
Looking for more recipes with Guinness?
Cheddar Guinness Dip Recipe
Adapted from The Parsley Thief
Cheddar Guinness Dip
- 8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces (227 grams) Irish or sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 milliliters) Guinness
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (15 grams) fresh parsley chopped
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the cream cheese, Irish or Cheddar cheese, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Process until well combined.
- Add Guinness and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and fold in the green onions and parsley. Adjust the salt to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors blend. Serve with crackers, pretzels, vegetables, and/or bread.