No Bake Cookie Smoothie recipe for Secret Recipe Club Back to School!
Today is a special Secret Recipe Club event and I am sharing a No Bake Cookie Smoothie! For those who haven’t seen my previous Secret Recipe Club posts, this club includes a group of bloggers who are assigned a different blog each month and secretly make a recipe to post on their specified reveal day. Since August has an extra week, all the groups are coming together to celebrate Back to School.
For this event, I was assigned Micha from Cookin’ Mimi. Micha started her blog in 2008 after being inspired by another blog. She has been cooking for as long as she can remember and has many fond memories in the kitchen with her family. On her blog, you will find a mixture of Southern cooking and everyday favorites with American and international flavors. I decided on her No Bake Cookie Smoothie for a Back to School treat, but also pinned the following for later: Parmesan Herb Orzo, Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches, Bacon Cheeseburger Ravioli, Sausage Breakfast Bake, Grilled Mexican Chorizo Pizza, Mongolian Chicken, and Supreme Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
This smoothie is perfect for a quick afternoon snack or sudden chocolate craving. Peanut butter, chocolate syrup, and oats are blended with milk and ice to make a frosty, sweet treat. For personal preference, I decreased the chocolate syrup to 3 tablespoons. You may want to add more or less depending on taste. I also topped the smoothies with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips.
I can picture a few delicious variations with this smoothie. Next time, I may add a banana for a little creaminess (and make it slightly healthy) or even a spoonful or two of cookie butter (to go further down the decadent path). I was having a lazy day and didn’t have oatmeal available, so I just tossed in a few oats. If you don’t have chocolate syrup, you can also use a couple of teaspoons cocoa powder- though some sugar will be needed to help with the sweetness.
Check out what everyone else made for the event:
- Pumpkin Spiced Coffee Cake with Brown Butter Glaze from An Affair from the Heart
- Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas from Cookin’ Mimi
- Ginger Pineapple Smoothie from Cooking with Traci
- Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon from Searching for Spice
- BLT Pasta from Life on Food
- Savoury Oat Pancakes from Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Lemon Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Almonds from Join Us, Pull Up a Chair
- Banana Blueberry Pancake Squares from Little Bit of Everything
- Lawnmower Tacos from Cookaholic Wife
- Buttery Grilled Cheese from Making Miracles
- Copycat McDonald’s Cinnamelts from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slowcooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Lunch Lady Brownies from Things I Make (For Dinner)
- Coffee Cake Muffins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Chocolate Stuffed Muffins from A Taste of Madness
No Bake Cookie Smoothie Recipe
Adapted from Cookin’ Mimi
No Bake Cookie Smoothie
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon quick cooking oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3-4 tablespoons chocolate syrup or fudge sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. If desired, add a little more chocolate syrup.
- Serve immediately (I topped the smoothies with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips).