Seasoned Parmesan Potato Wedges recipe for Secret Recipe Club!
Today is a special Secret Recipe Club event and I am sharing Seasoned Parmesan Potato Wedges! For those who haven’t seen my previous Secret Recipe Club posts, this club includes a group of bloggers who are assigned a different blog each month and secretly make a recipe to post on their specified reveal day. Since this May has an extra Monday, all the groups are coming together to celebrate Picnic and BBQ recipes to kickoff summer.
I was assigned April of Angels Home Sweet Homestead. April lives on a 3 acre homestead in Southern Indiana, has 5 children, and 2 grandchildren. Her blog includes cooking, gardening, creative DIY, housekeeping tips, and other ideas for living a frugal lifestyle. April was also in charge of the Secret Recipe Club when I joined 3 years ago. I have actually been assigned to her blog once before when we were in the same group in October 2014. I made her Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pudding Parfaits for Chad’s birthday. This time, I picked her Seasoned Parmesan Potato Wedges.
These Seasoned Parmesan Potato Wedges come together easily for a perfect summer side dish. Russet potatoes are sliced, then coated with olive oil, seasonings, and cheese. They are baked until golden and crisp.
I love this quote from April describing the potato wedges: “It’s like french fries and baked potatoes became best friends.” The crisp exterior gives way to a soft, almost creamy texture in the center. If you want both sides to be extra crisp, flip them halfway through the baking time- make sure the first side is golden before flipping. Grease the baking sheet, aluminum foil, or parchment well to keep the potato wedges from sticking and breaking.
Seasoned Salt (Seasoning Salt) is a blend of salt and spices, generally paprika, garlic, and onion powder. It is available in most supermarkets (be careful of the ingredient list) or you can even make your own.
Here is what everyone else made for the event:
- Western Burgers from An Affair from the Heart
- Honeyed Lemon Fruit Salad from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Barbecue Salad from Making Miracles
- Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Frozen Lemonade Pie from Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp from Dessert Before Dinner
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sweet Focaccia from Adventures in All Things Food
- Beef Negimaki from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Lime Mustard Salmon from Thyme for Cooking
- Spring Vegetable Barley Salad from Join Us, Pull Up a Chair
- Kielbobs from Cookaholic Wife
- Moist Chocolate Cake from Things I Make (for Dinner)
- Grilled Steak and Potato Salad from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Grilled Corn with Garlic Butter and Lime from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Citrus Beef Skewers from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red Potato Salad from Loving Life
- Grilled Romaine from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad from Little Bit of Everything
- Pulled Pork Tacos from Our Good Life
Seasoned Parmesan Potato Wedges Recipe
Adapted from Angels Home Sweet Homestead
Seasoned Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 3 medium-large russet potatoes scrubbed but unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment. Grease well with oil.
- Slice each potato lengthwise into 8ths. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to evenly coat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoned salt. Add to the potatoes and toss again to evenly coat.
- Arrange the potato wedges, one side down, in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the potatoes are fork-tender and golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with parsley and parmesan.