A recipe for Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate! Milk, cream, pureed pumpkin, and spices are simmered until heated through and combined with vanilla and white chocolate.
Secret Recipe Club
Time for another Secret Recipe Club! For those who haven’t seen my previous Secret Recipe Club posts, this club includes a group of bloggers who are assigned a different blog each month and secretly make a recipe to post on their specified reveal day.
I look forward to my assignment email every month and discovering new blogs. It is also fun to see what someone chooses from your blog.
This month I was assigned Lynsey’s blog, Lynsey Lou’s. While she has no formal training, Lynsey has always been surrounded by food and learned to cook by watching her parents and grandparents in the kitchen.
Cooking even became part of the foundation of her relationship with her husband and he still remembers her food from college. They have now been married for seven years and have a beautiful son. This passion for food led to Lynsey starting her blog in June 2008 after being inspired by a few fellow bloggers.
Lynsey has an amazing assortment of recipes. She calls southern homestyle cooking her comfort zone, but is also creative and will experiment with gourmet recipes and other flavors.
In keeping with the season, I made her Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate. Here are some other recipes perfect for Autumn: Brown Butter Pumpkin Latte Cupcakes, Maple Pumpkin Buttermilk Biscuits, and Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies with Brown Butter Frosting.
Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
The temperatures outside haven’t reached freezing yet, but it is starting to get a bit chilly in the mornings. This Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate was perfect with our breakfast.
It takes less than 10 minutes to make, plus includes a little vegetable! Chad and Evan don’t like chocolate, so this is a nice substitute for the traditional hot chocolate.
I topped off the mugs with whipped cream and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. You can also add mini marshmallows, grated white chocolate, or all of the above.
Looking for more hot chocolate recipes?
Check out what everyone else made!
- Leftover Halloween Candy Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Hot Crab Dip from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cheesy Pizza Bread from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Cornmeal Waffles with Eggs, Bacon, Sage, & Pumpkin from Lavender & Lovage
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Chocolate Frosting from Bewitching Kitchen
- Acorn Squash, Black Bean and Spinach Quesadilla from Life on Food
- Pumpkin Waffles from Burnt Apple
- Berliners from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Rebekah’s Perfect Pot Roast from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sweet Potato, Chilli and Coriander Soup from Palatable Pastime
- White Chicken Chili from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Shrimp & Curried Coconut Risotto from I am a Honey Bee
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins from Caleigh’s Kitchen
- Starbucks Copycat Quinoa Black Bean Burritos from Chocolate & Chillies
- Beet Biscuits from The Spiffy Cookie
- Pineapple Tarts from Hapa-tite
- Gluten, Dairy, and Egg Free Roasted Vegetable and Sausage Pasta from Our Good Life
Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate Recipe
Adapted from Lynsey Lou’s
Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) milk
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces (57 grams) white chocolate chopped
- Whipped cream
- Mini marshmallows
- Grated white chocolate
- Pinch pumpkin pie spice
- In a small saucepan, whisk together milk, cream, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and cloves over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the milk begins to summer.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and white chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Serve immediately with desired garnishes: whipped cream, marshmallows, white chocolate, and/or pinch pumpkin pie spice.