S’mores Muffins recipe for Secret Recipe Club! These large muffins are packed with crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips for a fun breakfast treat.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Secret Recipe Club
Secret Recipe Club time again and I’m sharing a recipe for S’mores Muffins! For those who haven’t seen my previous Secret Recipe Club posts, this club includes three group of bloggers who are assigned a different blog each month and secretly make a recipe to post on their specified Monday reveal day. I look forward to my assignment email every month and discovering new blogs. It is also fun to see what someone chooses from your blog.
This month I was assigned to Jamie’s blog, Our Eating Habits (this blog is no longer active at the time of this update). I have actually been assigned to her blog once before. I made Irish Soda Farls for the SRC special event celebrating St. Patrick’s Day and Easter in last February. Jamie lives Canada with her husband and three children. In addition to food, she also loves Christmas, Disney, and homeschooling her children.
This time, I got to choose from all of Jamie’s recipes and decided on her Jumbo S’mores Muffins. Well actually, Evan decided. He has been on a muffin kick recently and starts many weekend mornings asking if we can make muffins. He rarely actually eats them, but has fun mixing up the batter with his favorite whisk. These S’mores Muffins have the added bonus of me pulling out the food processor to grind up the graham crackers into crumbs. The kids love to take turns pushing to pulse button. The graham crackers are mixed into the batter with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips to create that wonderful s’mores flavor.
I used these jumbo silicone muffin cups to make the S’mores Muffins. You can also use regular sized muffin tins, but the baking time may be a bit shorter.
These muffins are best the day they are made. With time, the marshmallows on the top will become melty and sticky.
Check out what everyone else in Group C made:
S’mores Muffins Recipe
Adapted from Our Eating Habits
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips divided
- 1 1/4 cups miniature marshmallows divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease large muffin tins or arrange large silicone muffin cups on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the egg, buttermilk, and vegetable oil to form a smooth batter. Fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the marshmallows.
- Fill the prepared muffin tins 3/4 full, then add the remaining 1/4 cup marshmallows and chocolate chips to the tops of the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden, the marshmallows on the top are bubbly, and toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, 18-20 minutes.
- Best served within a few hours of baking.