A recipe for Tiny Tacos! Taco seasoned ground beef is piled in small tortilla chips with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream for a fun and delicious snack.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
My brother recently went through his cookbook collection and passed a few to me that he no longer used. In that collection was The Athlete’s Palate Cookbook: Renowned Chefs, Delicious Dishes, and the Art of Fueling Up While Eating Well. I am definitely not the athlete like my brother, but flipped through it anyway. A few recipes jumped out at me, including these Tiny Tacos, and I ended up keeping the book.
The original recipe had ingredient amounts for one serving, so I bumped it up a bit to feed the three of us. It also had the lettuce, tomato, and cheese in the bottom of the scoops (I used the Baked Scoops), but I placed them on top of the beef to make the tacos more visually-appealing. Placing them under the beef would help the random tomato piece stay inside the chip. I assembled each tiny taco for the photos and our first servings. When we went back for seconds, we just piled all the ingredients on top of the plates.
I made my own taco seasonings using this recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
Looking for more taco-based recipes?
Tiny Tacos Recipe
Adapted by The Athlete’s Palate Cookbook
- 2 2/3 tablespoons taco seasonings
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (9 oz bag) Tortilla Chips- Scoops
- 1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded romaine
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Taco or hot sauce for serving
- In a small bowl, mix together taco seasonings and water until no lumps remain.
- In a large skillet, drizzle oil over medium high heat. Crumble in the beef and cook, breaking apart the pieces, until no pink remains. Pour in the taco seasonings mixed with the water. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until all of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Fill each of the scoops tortilla chips with the cooked ground beef. Top with cheddar cheese, romaine, tomatoes, and sour cream. Serve with taco or hot sauce, if desired.