A recipe for Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt Brûlée! Yogurt is flavored with strawberries and vanilla, topped with sugar, then caramelized until golden for a light, yet decadent treat.
Love Creme Brûlée but want something a bit lighter? This Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt Brûlée has the same crisp, caramelized coating, but the custard under the surface is switched out for simply yogurt and fruit!
As an added bonus, no custard making or overnight refrigeration is required. Everything comes together in less than 15 minutes with no cooking at all for a quick and easy treat. I seasoned the yogurt with the seeds from a vanilla bean and lightly macerated strawberries, but any of your favorite flavors/berries will work. It is delicious as a light dessert or special breakfast.
I added the seeds from a vanilla bean to the strawberries, but you can substitute with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, skip it, or use a vanilla yogurt. I thinly sliced the strawberries, but they can also be finely chopped for easier mixing.
Don’t sprinkle the sugar over the tops of the Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt Brûlée until right before you are about to caramelize and serve. That crisp texture will quickly soften back into the yogurt as it sits. Also, don’t add too thick of a layer of sugar or the top won’t caramelize evenly.
If you don’t have a blowtorch, arrange the ramekins on a baking sheet and place on the top rack of the oven as close to the broiler as possible. Keep a close eye on them and broil until golden. If desired, garnish each ramekin with a sliced strawberry and a sprig of mint after caramelizing.
Looking for more yogurt recipes?
- Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt Drops
- Çılbır (Turkish Poached Eggs with Yogurt)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt Brûlée Recipe
Adapted from Completely Delicious
Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt Brûlée
- 4 1/2 ounces (125 grams) fresh strawberries sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon (12.5 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (455 grams) plain Greek or regular yogurt
- Granulated or Turbinado sugar for sprinkling over the top
- In a medium bowl, combine the sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Split the vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds into the bowl with the strawberries. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the yogurt and divide the mixture among four small ramekins. Smooth the tops with the back of a spoon.
- Cover one of the tops of the ramekins with about 1 tablespoon sugar to coat in a thin layer. Immediately caramelize using a blowtorch. Repeat with remaining ramekins.