A recipe for Cookies and Cream Mousse! This light and airy mousse comes together with just a few ingredients for a fun and easy make-ahead dessert.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
This Cookies and Cream Mousse is such a light and delicious dessert perfect for both kids and adults!
Gelatin is combined with milk and white chocolate to create a creamy base, then folded with crushed chocolate cookies and whipped cream to help add to the airy texture. The mixture is poured over a prepared cookie crust in individual serving glasses and refrigerated for a couple of hours until set or up to three days.
Immediately before serving, top with a little whipped cream and additional crushed cookies along with a small sprig of mint if desired.
A Few Tips
A food processor is best to finely crush the cookies in a uniform manner. If you do not have a food processor, place the cookies in a plastic bag, remove any excess air and close tightly, then hit with a rolling pin or other heavy object.
Press the prepared cookie crust down into the glasses with a spoon, your fingers, or this tart tamper. Refrigerate until ready to top with the Cookies and Cream Mousse.
Do not boil the milk. Cook it just enough to steam and dissolve the gelatin/melt the white chocolate.
Make sure to fold the whipped cream well into the white chocolate mixture. Otherwise, they will create separate layers as they chill.
Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours to set and up to 3 days.
Looking for more recipes with chocolate creme sandwich cookies?
- Baked Cookies and Cream Doughnuts
- Paletas Heladas de Galleta Oreo (Oreo Popsicles)
- Mustafarian Lava Roll
Cookies and Cream Mousse Recipe
Adapted from Sugar for the Brain
Cookies and Cream Mousse
- 9 chocolate creme sandwich cookies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22 grams) unsalted butter melted
Cookies and Cream Mousse:
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) cold water
- 1/2 cup (118 milliliters) milk
- 6 ounces (170 grams) white chocolate chips or chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (177 milliliters) heavy cream
- 6 chocolate creme sandwich cookies finely crushed
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate creme sandwich cookies crushed
- Fresh mint
To make the cookie crust:
- Place the 9 cookies in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Transfer to a small bowl and pour in the melted butter. Stir until well coated.
- Divide the mixture among six small glasses and press down using a spoon or tart tamper. Refrigerate until the mousse is ready.
To make the Cookies and Cream Mousse:
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let sit until the gelatin has bloomed, about 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, place milk over medium low heat until it is heated through and starts to steam. Pour in the gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Place the white chocolate in a large heat-safe bowl. Pour in the heated milk and gelatin, then whisk continuously until melted and smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment or a bowl with a hand mixer, whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in 1/3rd of the cream into the milk and white chocolate. Continue to fold in the remaining whipped cream and the 6 crushed cookies until incorporated.
- Divide the prepared mousse among the glasses over the cookie crust. Cover and refrigerate until set, 2 hours to overnight.
- Serve chilled and topped with whipped cream, cookie crumbs, and a sprig of fresh mint if desired.