Happy 2019! 2018 was another great year of food for Tara’s Multicultural Table. Total views for the year were 1,117,071 with an average of 3,038 per day- up from 640,009 in 2017! The countries with the most visitors were the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Philippines, Netherlands, India, New Zealand, and Singapore. Thank you all so much for your support and I am excited to see what new recipes 2019 brings.
Disclosure: I received the cookbooks in exchange for my honest reviews. All comments and opinions are my own. This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Here are the most popular 2018 posts:
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- Chapati Za Ngozi (Kenyan Soft-Layered Chapati)
- Horchata Ice Cream (Helado de Horchata)
- Potato Pave with Bacon and Parmesan
- Katsu Sando (Japanese Pork Cutlet Sandwich)
- Granny Smith Apple Slaw
- Shai Adeni (Adeni Tea)
- Torticas de Morón (Cuban Sugar Cookies with Lime Zest)
- Shokupan (Japanese Sandwich Bread) and Hello Kitty Bento
- Muttai Kulambu (Sri Lankan Egg Curry)
And here were the most viewed posts in 2018 (none were actually from 2018):
- Poffertjes (Dutch Mini Pancakes)
- Blinchiki/Blini (Russian Crepes)
- Fatayer bi Sabanekh (Lebanese Spinach Turnovers)
- Rgaif- Msemen (Moroccan Square Flat Bread)
- Mechadong Baka (Filipino Beef Mechado)
- Spritzkuchen (German Crullers)
- Musaka (Serbian Potato Moussaka)
- Hottokēki (Japanese Hot Cakes)
- Macarons with Vanilla Cream Cheese
- Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn
And my personal favorites of the year:
- Aushak (Afghan Leek and Scallion Dumplings)
- S’mores Macarons
- Matcha Lava Cake
- Phở Chiên Trứng (Pho Omelet)
- Moscato Sangria
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cupcakes
- Cà Phê Trứng (Vietnamese Egg Coffee)
- Mummy Macarons
- Çılbır (Turkish Poached Eggs with Yogurt)
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
I started doing regular cookbook reviews in 2015 and have come across some incredible books over the past four years. Here are my ten favorites from 2018 (not necessarily released in 2018, but I reviewed in 2018):
Here are some of my favorite kitchen products used this year:
This 9 inch Emile Henry Pie Dish has been one of my favorites this year.
I have been working on my latte art at home with the help of a frothing pitcher and milk frothing wand.
These stainless steel popsicle molds were perfect for making Paletas.
This collapsable pasta drying rack makes drying longer homemade pasta shapes easy and flattens perfectly for storage.
I really love these little Turkish-style tea glasses.
I used these candy bar molds to make homemade white chocolate.
These Silicon Macaron Baking Mats definitely help save time.
We were mostly focused on our cross-country move in 2018, but still managed to see some great places:
New York City:
- NYC (Choco-Story, Greenwich Village, SoHo, New York Public Library)
- NYC (Chinatown/Little Italy, Lower East Side, DUMBO)
- NYC (American Museum of Natural History, Times Square)
- NYC (Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum, East Village)
- NYC (Union Square, James Beard House, Grand Central Terminal)
Washington, D.C. and Virginia:
- Washington, D.C.
- Washington, DC: Unites States National Arboretum, Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, and Union Market)
- Virginia: Northern Virginia
- Virginia: Woodbridge
- Washington DC: National Building Museum
- Washington DC: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Washington DC Travel & Adventure Show 2018