A recipe for Springtime Pasta Salad to celebrate #SundaySupper’s Easy Easter Side Dish event! Pasta is tossed in a creamy mayonnaise yogurt dressing with hard-boiled eggs, ham, and diced vegetables.
Today, #SundaySupper is getting together with a collection of Easy Easter Side Dishes in case you are in need of any last minute planning.
Springtime Pasta Salad
I am joining the event with a recipe for a Springtime Pasta Salad! Tender pasta is tossed in a creamy mayonnaise-based dressing with hard-boiled eggs, ham, and a variety of diced vegetables.
The pasta salad comes together in about 30 minutes and can be served immediately or covered and refrigerated for up to a day.
For the photos, I used a bag of Schneckli (snail-shaped egg noodles) that I picked up at the local German market. Any favorite, medium-sized pasta shape will work well, especially if it has curves or holes to hold the mayonnaise dressing.
I paired the pasta with a variety of diced vegetables (bell pepper, carrot, cucumber, and green onion), but feel free to change it up based on what you have available.
I also included ham and hard-boiled eggs to add to the springtime theme. Pan-fried diced pancetta or bacon would be a delicious substitute for ham or omit it completely if you are avoiding pork.
To cook the eggs, place them in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Occasionally gently stir the eggs to move them to different sides (this will help center the yolk) and bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and cover with a lid. Allow to sit for 10-12 minutes. Transfer the eggs to ice cold water and peel them as soon as cool enough to handle.
I didn’t add any cheese since there is plenty of creaminess from the mayonnaise yogurt dressing, but you can easily toss in a handful or two of diced Cheddar, Mozzarella, or crumbled goat cheese.
Looking for more pasta salads?
Check out what everyone else made:
Enticingly Easy Sides
- Classic Oven-Baked Cheesy Potatoes by My Fearless Kitchen
- Mushroom Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buttered Rosemary Dinner Rolls by From the Bookshelf
- Skillet Green Beans with Citrus by Gourmet Everyday
- Tallow Roasted Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Scrumptious Salad Sides
- Asparagus Salad with Pea Shoots and Pancetta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Mustard and Egg Potato Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pickled Beet Salad with Arugula and Feta by Delaware Girl Eats
- Springtime Pasta Salad by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Springtime Pasta Salad Recipe
Adapted from Cooking Classy
Springtime Pasta Salad
- 1 cup (230 grams) mayonnaise
- 1 cup (230 grams) Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons (44 milliliters) white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (25 grams) dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (21 grams) honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (450 grams) dried medium pasta
- 4.5 ounces (130 grams) cooked, cubed ham
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber seeds removed and diced
- 1 red bell pepper stem and seeds removed, diced
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- Fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
To make the dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Season to taste as needed with additional salt and pepper.
To assemble the salad:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, just tender. Drain, allow to cool, and place in a large bowl- tossing occasionally to keep it from sticking.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the cubed ham, hard boiled eggs, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, and green onions. Gently fold in the desired amount of dressing and top with the fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or refrigerate for up to a day.