This Springtime Pasta Salad is an Easy Easter Side Dish for #SundaySupper tossed with diced ham, hard-boiled eggs, bell peppers, carrots, green onions, and a creamy mayonnaise yogurt dressing. Serve immediately at room temperature or prepare up to a day in advance and refrigerate until needed.
Today, #SundaySupper is getting together with a collection of Easy Easter Side Dishes in case you are in need of any last minute planning.
Springtime Pasta Salad
My daughter recently had a pasta fundraiser at her preschool (my kind of fundraiser!) and I picked out a bag of bunny-shaped pasta for Easter. I paired it with a variety of diced vegetables (I used bell pepper, carrot, and green onion, but feel free to change it up based on what you have available), ham, and hard-boiled eggs to add to the springtime theme. It is hard to tell from the photos with the pasta covered in the mayonnaise dressing, but it was a fun and festive way to help celebrate the holiday. Use your favorite medium-sized pasta shape- something that won’t overwhelm the pieces of vegetables and other ingredients.
I didn’t add any cheese since there is plenty of creaminess from the mayonnaise yogurt dressing, but you can easily toss in a handful or two of diced Cheddar, Mozzarella, or crumbled goat cheese.
Pan-fried diced pancetta would be a delicious substitute for ham or omit it completely if you are avoiding pork.
Looking for more pasta salads?
Check out what everyone else made for Easy Easter Side Dishes
Enticingly Easy Sides
- Classic Oven-Baked Cheesy Potatoes by My Fearless Kitchen
- Mushroom Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buttered Rosemary Dinner Rolls by From the Bookshelf
- Skillet Green Beans with Citrus by Gourmet Everyday
- Tallow Roasted Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Scrumptious Salad Sides
- Asparagus Salad with Pea Shoots and Pancetta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Mustard and Egg Potato Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pickled Beet Salad with Arugula and Feta by Delaware Girl Eats
- Springtime Pasta Salad by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Springtime Pasta Salad Recipe
Adapted from Cooking Classy
Springtime Pasta Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound dried medium pasta
- 1 cup cooked, cubed ham
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 4 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
To make the dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Season to taste as needed with additional salt and pepper.
To assemble the salad:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, just tender. Drain, allow to cool, and place in a large bowl- tossing occasionally to keep it from sticking.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the cubed ham, hard boiled eggs, carrots, bell peppers, and green onions. Gently fold in the desired amount of dressing and top with the fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or refrigerate for up to a day.